Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
Consultants are responsible both for contributing to project execution and for supporting initiatives designed to promote company values and interconnectedness. Consultants work closely with senior project staff to develop high-quality content for client-facing and internal deliverables. Consultants are expected to work on 1-3 concurrent projects and to have regular interactions with clients. As part of the US Market Access and Reimbursement team, you will work on creating and implementing US payer and access strategies for pharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostic technology clients. This primarily involves working with senior staff to execute projects and completing research and development of client deliverables.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: conducting secondary research to fully understand background and contextual information needed to support project design and execution; analyzing information (scientific, clinical, and financial) to discern the business implications of new technologies and emerging trends; conducting primary research interviews with payers, clinicians/thought leaders, and executives in relevant fields to answer outstanding strategic questions; and preparing and presenting written reports to Guidehouse management and clients. Travel is project-dependent, but initially averages less than 20 percent.
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As a Consultant, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen your specialized industry knowledge and consulting skills. As you develop project management skills and leadership abilities, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Senior Consultant level.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 0 years
- Minimum Degree Status: Bachelor’s Degree (Must still be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate degree program in Fall of 2021 and graduate by Summer of 2022)
- Would not require sponsorship now or anytime in the future to work in the United States; Students possessing F-1 or J-1 visas are excluded from interview schedules or being hired for this position.
- Majors and concentrations in Business, Science, Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering, or Healthcare Policy and Planning are preferred
- GPA of 3.2 or better
- Demonstrated interest in Life Sciences consulting
- Demonstrated knowledge of the US healthcare system.
- Exhibit critical thinking, creativity, and strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate superior data collection, organizational and analytical skills and a high level of motivation and initiative
- Must exhibit ability to grasp clinical and business implications of technically complex products and services
- Must demonstrate willingness to travel and work overtime when required
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program