The Hamilton Lane Analyst Development Program is professional development program which begins with cohort based intensive training at our Philadelphia headquarters. Analysts work in one of six teams (Fund Investments, Secondary Investments, Direct Investments, Real Assets, Evergreen Portfolio Management or Private Market Analytics) in a role which progressively grows in responsibility and accountability over the three-year period.
Analyst roles are challenging. They are held to high standards and evaluated and coached regularly. Once they’ve successfully completed the initial three-year assignment participants may:
- Be offered the opportunity stay at Hamilton Lane on an Associate track.
- Continue their education.
- Use the professional network and relationships created during the program to transition their career to another firm within the asset class.
Successful candidates are interested in institutional asset management, they have demonstrated excellence in their studies, activities and internships; they are intellectually curious, analytical, progressive, creative thinkers; they are energized by working in a team based environment; and they are exceptional communicators.
As a first year Private Equity Real Assets Analyst, you will develop the needed skills to assess private real estate, infrastructure and real assets fund investment, direct investment, and secondary investment opportunities. You will receive exposure to real estate, infrastructure and real assets asset managers, called General Partners, by analyzing their private placement materials, participating in in-house meetings and site visits to their offices.
First year Real Assets Analysts:
- Perform the initial review and formulate the initial recommendation of private real estate, infrastructure and real assets fund opportunities on a global basis;
- Meet fund managers and perform in depth due diligence in order to arrive at a final recommendation on the fund opportunity;
- Evaluate and summarize portfolio company, industry, sponsor and valuation metrics on co-investment opportunities,
- Screen secondary investment opportunities, contribute to secondary due diligence and underwriting, and monitor secondary investments.
- Monitor fund, direct investment and secondary investments and generate written reports on Hamilton Lane’s current fund investments through update meetings, quarterly calls and annual meetings.
Second year Private Equity Real Assets Analysts continue to build on the investment acumen, skills and exposure attained in their first year by moving into a more technical role on their deal teams. This includes utilizing modeling and analytical tools and skills developed during their first year and through additional training at the start of their second year. By their second year, Investment Analysts are responsible for presenting their work to investment teams.
In their third year, Private Equity Real Assets Analysts have developed their competencies, professionalism and investment acumen to the point where they are prepared to take on a more senior role on deal teams. While still producing individual work, they are expected to provide more insight into investment recommendations and direct and monitor the work of others. They may take on additional client facing responsibilities and receive client relationship management training in order to be effective communicators on behalf of Hamilton Lane. Third year analysts are involved with recruiting and selection of first year analysts. They are called on to participate in company-wide initiatives.
To be considered for Hamilton Lane’s Analyst Development Program, we require:
- High academic achievement: 3.0 or higher overall GPA required.
- Majors: We are interested in applicants who have demonstrated excellence in their chosen majors, have strong analytical talent, and are keenly interested in investments. We will consider all majors for our program; however, the following majors are preferred: Business, Finance, International Business, Accounting, Economics, Financial Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics.
- Language: English Fluency.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated:
- On-Campus Leadership: in clubs, sports, community service, etc.
- Success in Professional Level Internships: with references to illustrate that success
- Language Skills: additional spoken and written languages.
- The ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Applications must include a resume.
Only applications received through our website will be considered:
Learn more about the Hamilton Lane Analyst Development program by visiting: http://www.hamiltonlane.com/Analyst-Development-Program/