TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Reporting to Manager of Student Payroll Operations, serves in a fast-paced office providing financial support for GSD faculty and students.
· Responsible for administration of student payroll. Communicates University policies and procedures to students and faculty in academic departments.
· Provides Hire paperwork, updates and creates necessary forms, submits data change requests.
· Assists Manager in creation and distribution of necessary documents regarding payroll policies and seasonal updates.
· Acts as an information resource for a high volume of student payroll accounts and inquiries by phone, in-person, and by email.
· Assists with hiring process, including remote verification of documents using a variety of technologies (Zoom, Teams, etc.).
· Assists with tracking of work-study hours, maintaining of payroll files and work-study timesheets in accordance with University policy.
· Prepares payroll reports and gathers information for administrative reporting.
· Serves as a back-up for time entry in PeopleSoft.
· Assists with complex domestic and international travel arrangements for studio and course site visits, finalizing trip details and collecting travel documents.
· Communicates with various vendors/organizations regarding transportation and lodging, both by phone and e-mail.
· Works with companies and individuals both domestically and abroad.
· Provides information to students, instructors and staff regarding the arrangements.
· Maintains travel records for each of the trips.
· Works on seasonal projects, such as final reviews for courses and thesis, study abroad program, etc.
· Assists Director of Finance with processing of invoices, reimbursements and vendor set up.
· Assists in close out of the fiscal year.
· Contributes to and supports a team environment.
· Performs related duties as necessary.
· High School diploma required with 3+ years of financial/accounting experience; education may count towards experience.
· Computer proficiency with Excel and Word required.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance or accounting preferred.
· Familiarity with automated financial systems and experience with grants management preferred.
· Knowledge of Harvard’s financial applications preferred.
· Must be able to manage multiple shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Strong problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy essential.
· Ability to handle confidential information/materials with discretion.
· Excelling written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
· Commitment to customer service and teamwork required. Uses multiple technical applications including PeopleSoft, QuickView, Buy2Pay.
Position involves frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse .
Temporary remote work environment with possibility of returning to a campus work environment.
Please apply online at the Harvard Careers website. Upload a cover letter and resume to: hr.harvard.edu/search-jobs and keyword search to requisition #53479BR.
The Harvard Graduate School of Design is passionate about fostering a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and professional work environment. Applicants of all race, ability, gender expression and identity, sexuality, religion, education, class, national origin, and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Until our return to campus and full operational status, which is still to-be-determined, this interview process and position will take place in a modified manner – including virtual interviews, remote onboarding, and remote work.
In order to be considered for this role, a cover letter is required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future. We regret that we cannot sponsor a work visa.