Health Advocate is looking for Claims Associates to join our team.
A Claims Associate at Health Advocate plays an important role in assisting members in understanding their healthcare claims status Health Advocate offers a comprehensive training program to develop the knowledge you need to be successful in assisting members. The Claims Specialists resolve adjudication issues with health plans and third party administrators. It is an integral role to help our members get the most of their healthcare benefits. If you have previous customer service experience, this role may be a good fit for applying your current knowledge and starting a career in health benefits administration.
We offer Great Benefits! The benefits package for this position includes very generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holiday policy, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) with a match.
Health Advocate has an Onsite fitness facility, yoga classes, Employee Assistance Program, wellness programs, and employee activities to support employees with various goals.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday
A Claims Specialist is responsible for handling assigned claims cases in a timely manner to identify opportunities to resolve or explain member claim issues. by working with plan documents, carriers, providers, and members.
- Handle assigned cases in a timely manner to identify opportunities to resolve the issue by working with plan documents, carriers, providers, and members
- Research billing issues to determine the possible cause of the error and assist with claims resubmission when needed to correct the issue
- Assist members with setting up payment arrangements which may include reaching out to healthcare providers to determine payment options and discussing options with supervisor
- Resolve questions related to Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
- Exercise exceptional customer service skills in an effort to optimize each contact with the member
- High School Degree or GED required
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, public health, healthcare management, or a related field is preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required
Job Type: Full-time
- Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
Company’s Facebook page:
Silver winner – Best in Biz Award 2020
Most Customer-Friendly Company of the Year
Silver winner – Stevie® Award 2020
Healthcare Customer Service Department of the Year
Bronze winner – Stevie® Award 2020
Most Valuable Response by a Customer Service Team