Healthcare Ready (HcR) is seeking an intern to support research and program development activities during the spring semester of 2021. The intern will work for approximately 15-20 hours a week (no more than 25 hours a week) and be compensated at a rate of $16 per hour. Intern will contribute to HcR policy and research initiatives in the following capacities:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and writing support to HcR programming and policy initiatives
- Provide research and administrative support to HcR projects with organizations in the public health and healthcare space, including the Federal government
- Generate analytical assessments, memoranda, briefings, and presentations tailored for public and private sector partners
- Provide legislative and policy analysis and research on public health and healthcare preparedness-related topics
- Support HcR outreach to strategic partners to include developing meeting materials and coordinating meeting logistics
- Assisting with social media communications and blog management (including the option to write blogs on special topics of interest)
· MPH/MPA/MPP candidate with coursework in public policy, public health, or other relevant area.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational abilities.
· Ability to work well independently and in teams.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Classwork or professional experience with public health preparedness.
· Classwork or professional experience related to healthcare supply chain operations.
· Experience with research activities in an academic or professional setting.
· Experience with SPSS, R, Tableau or other statistical software.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please remember to attach your resume and cover letter