*This is a primarily remote position with occasional on-site requirements. The hired individual must be able to attend reoccurring meetings and other on-site activities assigned.*
The Business Intelligence Analyst will plan, design and develop Reporting/Dashboard solutions using Business Intelligence software packages. The responsibilities include project planning and delivering results based on strategic objectives in alignment with business requirements. Specific responsibilities include following/establishing standards for configuration, usage, reporting, monitoring, application support as well as research, recommendation, and implementation of new technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates the purpose and content of business requests to develop new or improve existing reports.
2. Reviews reports to determine basic characteristics, such as: origin, report flow, format, frequency, distribution, and purpose/function of report.
3. Confers with persons originating, handling, processing, or receiving reports to identify problems and gathers suggestions for improvements. Recommends the establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report information.
4. Prepares and issues instructions concerning generation, completion, and distribution of reports according to new or revised practices, procedures, or policies of reports management.
5. Understands the system changes as they affect data, reports, and reporting systems.
6. Responsible for application validation and Quality Assurance efforts as they pertain to reporting, data, metrics, report creation and execution.
7. Extracts data to calculate/format into presentable reports, charts, and graphs.
8. Analyzes data and reporting solutions to understand business impact, correlations/discrepancies, and proposes changes/alternate solutions.
9. Develops programs or queries to retrieve and analyze data for projects, program, or reports requiring sophisticated inferential techniques.
Education, Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related field required.
2. High achievement in Data Warehousing and/or Information Processing courses.
3. Experience with data analytics from college or internship projects.
4. Exposure to project management tools and methodology in academic or internship projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong knowledge of any Business Intelligence Tool-Sets and/or Packages is a plus.
2. Strong knowledge of data warehousing theory/practice, data management practices, data models, and relationships between data elements is preferred.
3. Experience writing data‐driven reports, working with data to create reports is preferred.
4. Familiarity with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes is a plus.
5. Experience with creating information dashboards a plus.
6. Experience in Project Management practices and tools is preferred.
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Exempt) 01/07/14