Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We are seeking motivated individuals with an interest in construction to join our team as a Construction Management Intern. This summer internship will provide you with the opportunity to learn hands-on the various areas within construction management. Depending on your internship placement, you’ll spend time in one of the following areas: field management, project management, preconstruction services, virtual design & construction coordination, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Dive into the aspects of project management: project finances, maintaining contract documents, issuing subcontracts, preparing submittal schedules, coordinating meetings, RFIs, change order requests, and more
· Explore the value and importance of Safety and Quality Control programs and how to coordinate actions to address problems. Create safety procedures and audit procedures first-hand by visiting job sites to do safety inspections.
· Get hands on experience of field management and learn what it takes to lead all the on-site activities required throughout the construction process to successfully deliver a project on time and within budget
· Understand the many variables of the preconstruction process by assisting with the preparation of bid packages, evaluating subcontractor bids, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, executing material takeoffs, etc.
· Get a front row seat to the latest technology being used throughout the preconstruction and building construction process. Learn how to create, edit, and run clash detection on three dimensional BIM models to include structure, interior, and external architectural elements and MEP systems using various applications such as AutoCAD, Navisworks, Revit, and Archicad.
· Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in construction management, engineering, or a related discipline
· Must demonstrate genuine interest in the construction industry
· Fosters a strong desire to learn and welcomes new challenges
· Able to work approximately 40 hours per week for a summer internship
· Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work independently, but also values teamwork and collaboration
· Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern
· Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions
· Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.