At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
The Strategic Solutions Group (SSG), part of HSBC’s Capital Markets team in Global Banking and Markets. SSG is responsible for developing analytics, insightful content and structuring solutions for clients across sectors, focusing on three pillars:
- ESG Solutions
- Capital Solutions
- Corporate Finance Solutions
SSG is a global team and the role requires a collaborative mind-set to partner regionally and globally with Banking and Product colleagues. The role involves pitching clients, product development and the execution of transactions.
This role is for an Analyst that will work across all pillars of SSG.
As part of the SSG team, the Analyst will partner with bankers and product specialists to both evaluate and anticipate client needs through forward-thinking. The Analyst is expected to present robust analysis and stay informed of emerging and evolving client and industry themes.
The key responsibilities for the Analyst, include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of deal-related and non-deal related marketing materials
- Perform varied financial analysis, for example:
- Modelling of market risk factors and corporate finance metrics
- Develop the optimal capital structure and capital allocation for clients based on relevant stakeholder constraints, including ratings, tax, accounting, and regulatory
- Optimal balance sheet structure across debt and equity, including for acquisitions and spinoffs
- Valuation impact of CapEx, M&A, Dividends, debt and equity buy-backs
- Benchmarking capital structure, risk management practices and ESG factors
- Assist in the execution of capital markets transactions, including structuring of the terms and conditions, and efficiently managing other key deal management logistics
- Synthesize market observations and developments to identify relevant themes for clients
- Support projects advising clients on the impact of sustainability across business, applicability of sustainable finance solutions and development of sustainability related investor disclosure
- Work in conjunction with the Banking and Capital Markets product partners to prepare client marketing materials including, presentations and client briefing notes
- Create, maintain, industrialize, and standardize models to address frequent analysis
- Adhere to global standards for behavior, communication, coordination, performance
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year-end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Qualifications – External
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or other quantitative field, and a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant work experience
- Drive and Motivation: Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intently towards challenging goals
- Communication skills: Strong communication skills needed. Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner, shares information and new ideas with others
- Teamwork: A strong team player, with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders, encourage team members to participate, and acknowledges others’ contributions
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; VBA proficiency would be viewed positively
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Language skills (Spanish) helpful
- Series 7, 79, and 63 licenses preferred but not required at outset. Appropriate securities licenses must be obtained if not already held.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.