Hypertherm’s mission is to provide customers with the best industrial cutting solutions in the industry. We are an associate owned company, with the head office in Hanover NH, USA and have associates in twenty-six countries around the globe. We design, manufacture and support technology-based non-contact cutting systems, with a proud history of nearly 50+ years.
An intern summer experience requires a solid understanding of business drivers, market dynamics, competitive positions, and the impact of technology within the markets. The job will require attention to detail, exceptional communication and project management skills, including testing hypothesis with objective data, dealing with ambiguity, tracking and communicating progress, adjusting plans as required, prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines and communicating results in a clear and concise manner.
The successful intern will be able to work independently, organize and prioritize work, incorporate feedback, and plan and execute deliverables. In this role, the intern will have an opportunity to utilize MBA skills in a key corporate strategy project and contribute to development of adjacent growth opportunities. The internship will provide exposure to corporate strategy development and implementation, industry research, and change management.
- Collect, organize, and analyze internal and external strategic and financial data in target B2B markets
- Perform competitive landscape mapping and benchmarking
- Collaborate cross-functionally, secure stakeholder buy-in
- Distill data to key insights, effectively present findings and recommendations
- Help the team with advancing current projects
- Communicate with senior business leaders in written and oral presentation formats
Qualifications Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering/Science preferred; pursuing an MBA required
- 2+ years’ management consulting, strategy, or operations experience (industrial sectors preferred)
- Strong understanding of key business drivers / metrics and their connection to profit & loss account, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of B2B technology markets and value streams
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience / comprehensive understanding of business valuation methodologies
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to absorb complex technical concepts and translate them into plain language insights
Location: Position is based in Hanover, NH
Duration: 10 weeks
Start date: Late May / early June 2020
Hypertherm is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all applications. All employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and our values as an associate-owned company without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.