I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) www.imsg.com, leading a Scientific and Technical Support Team (IMSG Team, consisting of IMSG, Inc. and subcontracting companies) is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to support NOAA’s Algorithm Scientific Software Integration and System Transition Team (ASSISTT) in College Park, Maryland.
ASSISTT specializes in transitioning systems from research to operations. The cloud engineer will work closely with other members of the team to develop an algorithm orchestration system for scientists to perform CI/CD on the cloud using AWS services. This algorithm orchestration system handles complex algorithm dependencies required for deployment.
Ideal candidates will have strong technical aptitude, hands on programming capability, curiosity, and desire to build cool innovative tools while working as a member of an Agile team. This position involves work in a Linux/AWS Cloud environment.
The successful candidate must be self-driven and possess the analytical skills to resolve challenging technical issues, often through collaboration with other technical subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with team to develop, stand-up, and support the scientific application CI/CD cloud platform using a variety of cloud-native technologies.
- Design and build serverless applications in the cloud using infrastructure as code.
- Design containerization (Docker, etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) framework solutions
- Provide implementation guidance/support to the customer throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop tools, architecture components, and APIs in python in support of scientific application deployment
- Conduct code review via merge/pull requests and offer recommendations to other developers.
- Create documentation to provide architectural overview of the algorithm orchestration system.
- Create training materials on a variety of topics, including the architecture
- Automate cloud deployments, as well as build CI/CD pipelines to support cloud based workloads
- Act as a SME for designated parts of the deployment architecture
- Troubleshoot any issues with the deployment architecture
- Help maintain on premise Kubernetes cluster, debugging issues as needed
- Strong hands on experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with AWS Services such as Amazon S3, EBS, Dynamo DB, RDS, Cognito, Lambda, API Gateway, EventBridge, SQS, SNS, EC2, EKS
- Knowledge of latest trends and best practices in cloud native technologies.
- Experience with standard application programming interfaces (APIs) and protocols such as REST
- Experience with YAML, JSON, and XML
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git) in a team environment
- Strong familiarity with modern DevOps principles, practices, methods, and tools.
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- 2+ years of experience with AWS serverless technologies
- 2+ years of Kuberentes experience
- 2+ years of Docker experience
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- 5+ years of experience in Linux
· Experience with Argo Workflows
· Experience with Kubernetes OPA
· Familiarity with scientific algorithms and working with scientists
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- United States Citizen or Green Card Holder
Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder to qualify
(US Citizen must live in US for 3-5 years prior to application)
(please indicate in your cover letter).
Please apply online at https://careers-imsg.icims.com. In your cover letter, please indicate the following information:
1) Timeline of availability
2) Citizenship Status
3) Salary requirements for considerations
NOTE: Provide three References
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran friendly.