Your Role and Responsibilities
The Finance Business Intelligence Team within IBM Cloud is responsible for creating tools and analysis related to the profitability of the business and underlying products.
This role is an opportunity to participate and take ownership of projects which have high visibility within IBM’s senior leadership. The role requires high levels of prioritization and dedication to be successful.
As an Entry Level Financial Analyst, your major focus areas are:
1. Business case preparation: Creating revenue, cost, and cash flow estimates to support business decisions.
2. Product profitability: Developing scorecards and analysis from several sources of data.
3. Capital requirement analysis: Forecasting capital demands, and tracking usage.
4. Management reporting: Creating and managing internal reports and dashboards.
5. Analytics: Managing and transforming large data sets to drive decision making.
6. Capacity management: Analyzing and forecasting demand trends to understand where and when capacity will be constrained inside data centers.
Key Characteristics of the Financial Analyst role:
- Comfortable/proficient manipulating both financial data and large raw data sets.
- Understanding of basic P&L/income statement components and analysis.
- Intellectual curiosity… actively asking question about both the “how” and “why” things are done.
- Actively communicate and participate with other team members, as well as IBM counterparts outside of the team.
- Independent thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to analyze data; understand the underlying business implications; and engage in discussions on those implications.
- Sense of ownership/diligence when given projects.
- Organization, dedication, and being detail oriented will be greatly beneficial in performing day-to-day activities.
Please note, this is a learning position. The ideal candidate should have a strong desire to build their existing technical and professional skill set, and be willing to dedicate the time and effort to do so.
Known as the ‘knowledge behind the numbers’, Financial Analysts are considered to be trusted business advisors, working within IBM’s business units and geographies, as well as in a myriad of specialized corporate functions. IBM’s finance organization is instrumental in driving innovative improvements to global financial processes while providing measurable value to the business.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Data Sciences, or Accounting.
- Professional interest in Finance, Technology, and/or Data Analytics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, and demonstrable experience with Excel (including functions, pivot tables, and formatting).
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple assignments concurrently.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Advanced Excel; SQL; Power-BI/Power Query; VBA; COGNOS
- experience within the real estate industry
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.