The smartest companies today fully leverage data analytics for strategic decision making.The IBM Chief Analytics Office, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters, combines business knowledge with big data to direct the future of IBM’s strategic transformation. Do you want to drive significant change within a leading global company and influence C-suite level decisions?
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting.Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2021 (3 MONTHS)
This position is an internal Staff Data Scientist Intern role with the Chief Analytics Office. You will work alongside consultants, managers, and data scientists to enhance business performance through analytics and data science focused initiatives. You will help transform data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. A typical day in the life of this role will include the following:
- providing thought leadership and strategic thinking to translate business problems into analytical frameworks
- operating as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis and machine learning for modeling, writing code, testing, and validating
- interpreting output and performance of models in business terms,and communicating findings to the team and stakeholders
- collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA/BS or MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or related STEM Fields
- Proficiency in Python, R, SQL or another programming language
- Professional experience with Spark and/or TensorFlow
- Experience/coursework in statistics, machine learning, and deep learning
- Experience/coursework in exploratory data analysis and statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python)
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in industry
- Understanding of coding requirements for production applications (e.g. modularity, documentation, version control, testing, logging, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
- Hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Live or are willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Additional consideration will be given for these optional qualifications:
- You are pursuing a Doctoral Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or related STEM Fields or have 5+ years of relevant experience
- You have experience in project management
- You have experience working within a data focused department/team
- You have the ability to own analytical work from inception to completion, preparing project plans, creating and monitoring performance metrics
- You have the ability to manage key stakeholder expectations and product delivery
About Business Unit
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.