Job Title: Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – Software Developer Intern
Location: IBSS HQ – Silver Spring, MD and remote
Internship Duration: Summer 2021 – 8 to10 weeks
IBSS is seeking talented undergraduate or graduate students focused on developing a career in Information Technology, Software Development, Computer Science, or related field. The purpose of this Internship is to support the PMO with applying Robotic Process Automatino using Microsoft Power BI to automate business processes. The candidate will gain valuable experience and skills in the following:
- Develop programming skills specifically in the areas of Google Apps Scripting and Microsoft PowerBI
- Develop skills using software code management and requirement management tools including Git/GitLab
- Develop an understanding of the IT behind RPA tools
- Develop skills in software testing
Intern Key Responsibilities:
- Solicit and document requirements for the software functionality
- Develop RPA processes in PowerBI and GoogleApps
- Work with subject matter experts to thoroughly test functionality and document test results
- Manage code in GitLab software configuration management tool
- Deploy complete code into a production environment
- Develop training and documentation for new features
- Conduct training for new features to the corporate team
The experience will also develop soft skills development including oral and written communication, presentation skills, time management, and business acumen.
- Pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- Programming expertise in Google Apps Script, Java, Python, or Microsoft *.NET
- Fundamentals of software development and scripting
- Experience using code management tools such as Git
- Ability to communicate technical information with a non-technical audience
- Spreadsheet Skills
- Google Apps Scripting
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft PowerBI
- API programming
- Salesforce API programming experience
- Google Docs, Slides, Sheets knowledge
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional and technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please submit requests for additional information and qualified resumes to: email@example.com