Senior Environmental Scientist
ICF seeks an Environmental Scientist to work within our Survey, Policy, Health, Environment, Regulation, and Economics (SPHERE) team. This position will primarily support our EPA contract with the Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI) on technical projects designed to leverage hands-on knowledge and experience with site characterization and remediation technologies to promote improvements to the cleanup of contaminated sites. This position will also include managing technical projects and project teams, including subcontractors, and interacting with clients.
What you’ll do:
- Provide site-specific technical assistance to EPA to solve a wide range of technical issues related to site characterization, remediation and long-term management of contaminated sites, including reuse and redevelopment.
- Identify, evaluate, and document ways to improve contaminated site cleanup including technologies, approaches, strategies, and best practices.
- Support improvements to EPA’s management of environmental data from contaminated site cleanups including developing effective data management approaches and plans.
- Manage a range of technical projects and multi-disciplinary project teams, including ICF staff, subcontractors and consultants.
- Work directly with clients on a day-to-day basis.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geology, hydrogeology or related technical field.
- 6-8 years of experience conducting site characterization and remediation of contaminated sites, including experience in geostatistics and advanced sampling methodologies.
- Demonstrated expertise with common environmental databases including SCRIBE and EqUIS™ with GIS experience a plus.
- Experience preparing technical plans and reports for clients and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of EPA cleanup programs (e.g., Superfund, RCRA, Brownfields).
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is preferred.
- Team player with demonstrated project management skills including the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage a heavy workload, and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with clients.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
This position can be based out of Fairfax, VA, or remotely in the US***