The Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is hiring 21 environmental technicians for all of our locations. Technicians will work outdoors as part of a field team and perform a variety of environmental monitoring activities, including collecting and recording stream data, evaluating water quality conditions, and performing stream bank surveys.
Crews will camp at remote locations and hike it to sample sites for three or more nights per week and are required to furnish their own camping and cooking equipment. Applicants must be available June 1st through September.
*To be considered for the same position in a different region please apply to that region’s announcement at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho?department=Department%20of%20Environmental%20Quality&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending.
These positions are temporary, full-time appointments without benefits.
Hourly Salary + Per Diem
Example of Duties:
- Working outdoors
- Monitoring water quality
- Collecting fish and aquatic insects
- Surveying habitat
- Performing stream bank surveys
- May involve working at high altitudes
- May involve working ten (10) days on with four (4) days off
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work during exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to walk over rough terrain while lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to hike in hip boots/waders over rough terrain and in streams as well as high altitudes
- Available to work June 1st through September
- Transportation to and from field to regional office location
- Monitoring equipment and training
- Wilderness First Aid Training
- Hourly salary + field day per diem
DEQ Does Not Provide:
- Transportation between home and regional office location
- Camping gear/equipment
The Department of Environmental Quality may conduct verification of the information provided in your application, including validation of driver’s license status, education, employment, and criminal history. Omission and/or falsification of information provided in your application will result in your removal from consideration for employment, appointment, or promotion.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
To protect human health
and the quality of
Idaho’s air, land, and water.
If you have questions, please contact us at: