This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
This recruitment is being used to fill an Information Technology (IT) Operations and Support Analyst I position to support Idaho State Police (ISP) Forensic Services. This is a grant funded position through the US Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice. The Coverdell grant funding is anticipated for one year. If a state funded position becomes allocated, candidates will need to apply and compete through the State of Idaho recruitment process.
This position starts at $24.60 per hour. In addition, you may be provided a stipend of up to $4.48 per hour for benefits.
This official hire date of this position will be after January 1, 2021, and is subject to availability of grant funding.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation and polygraph examination, which includes drug screening. Please review the ISP Drug Policy and ISP Grooming and Appearance Standards.
Example of Duties
- Monitors problem/change activities
- Coordinates interactions between technical staff and end-users to respond to requests
- Provides training to users on hardware and software applications
- Troubleshoots and maintains data servers, user devices, and communication tools
- Performs testing activities
- May work as part of a team or independently with supervision
- Installs and maintains hardware and software products
- Configures user and network equipment according to department standards
- Installs, configures, and tests application software packages
- Assists in defining system standards and procedures
- Installs network infrastructure equipment hardware
- Identifies, evaluates, and corrects hardware, software, or operations problems
- Monitors and troubleshoots network system performance and networking problems
- Makes recommendations for future hardware and software additions or enhancements
- Good knowledge of computer trends, software, capabilities, and terminology;
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and software installation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience installing, upgrading, and maintaining one or more computer networks including computers, server hardware and software;
- Experience working with network protocols such as IP address schemas, DNS, DHCP, and directory services;
- Experience evaluating and resolving computer, system, and user problems including application operations, hardware malfunctions, and telecommunications problems;
- Experience independently evaluating and defining customer/system needs and recommending and implementing new IT solutions;
- Experience recommending the installation and use of applications and system software.
Please make sure your resume and personal information contained in your profile supports your answers to the questions.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.