The Associate Engineering Scientist will join the R&D Technology Futures group and support research activities in the discovery and early-stage technology development ranging from device engineering design, modeling, assay prototypes, and instrument development. In this role, the candidate will be working on multidisciplinary projects that involve using biology and chemistry. The ideal candidate is someone passionate about working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, intellectual property, and product-driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of engineering activities to support the discovery and development of novel concepts in the R&D Technology Futures group.
- Work on developing new models that would enable a better understanding of systems.
- Design and develop systems that would be used for measurements and characterization.
- Communicate and present data regularly at group meetings.
- Provide detailed documentation of experiments and design history files.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biomedical engineering, mathematics, or computer science is required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of a team.
- Organizational skills and ability to plan work
- Good lab practices
- Takes initiative and is accountable (shows ownership); focuses on the task at hand; detail-oriented
- Ability to work well under time pressure
- Proficiency in programming Python, Matlab, C++, or Java (Mathematica or R is a plus)
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.