We have an exciting opening for an LCMS scientist in our IDEXX BioAnalytics division. You will be part of a team of scientists developing LCMS assays for industry-wide commercial applications that will revolutionize tomorrow’s preclinical diagnostic testing. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with industry-standard LCMS systems executing workflows to bring novel LCMS assays to market. The successful candidate will work in a cross-functional team that generates and reports data in support of preclinical research by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
What you can expect:
As an LCMS Scientist your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Analyzing biological samples for the quantitation of small molecules using LC-MS/MS systems using established methods.
- QC review of results from sample analysis work.
- Work closely with method development team to troubleshoot LCMS systems and methods.
- Preparing sample analysis/validation reports.
- Validating developed methods to meet FDA/CLIA criteria.
- Maintaining records in relation to sample analysis/validation projects.
- Aid in other projects that utilize protein quantitation platforms such as Luminex or Quanterix.
- Keeping track of supplies for the sample analysis projects and ordering as required.
- Participate in group meetings and present as required.
What you need to succeed:
- BS with emphasis on chemistry /biochemistry or related field or MS degree with emphasis on analytical chemistry is preferred.
- Experience in handling biological samples and knowledge of sample preparation for LCMS analysis is preferred.
- Ideal candidate would have a BS with 0-2 years of experience in a sample analysis/LCMS quantitative method development or MS degree with 0-1 year of experience in analyzing biological samples using LC-MS/MS.
- Experience in using triple quadrupole MS systems such as ABSciex API 4000, ABSciex 5500/6500 and Shimadzu LC systems is favored.
- Experience with Luminex or Quanterix systems is preferred.
- Good record keeping practice and organization skills. Experience in a GLP environment would be a plus but not required.
- Exposure to LIMS systems would be an advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills along with willingness to take additional responsibilities are necessary.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.