IT INTERN INTRODUCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you an aspiring technology student looking for an opportunity to build your resume with real-world experience at a company who values teamwork, respect, collaboration, integrity, and innovation? Are you ambitious, proactive and highly motivated; willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done? If you answered “yes” to these questions, we have the perfect job for you!
iDiscovery Solutions is looking for an IT Intern to work alongside our IT Administrator and Systems Engineer to tackle existing projects and deliver high-quality results. Additionally, you will benefit from our dedication to your personal and professional growth through the collaboration and coaching by the IT team.
In addition to demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills, you should have strong multitasking, organizational abilities and a keen eye for detail. The successful candidate will be currently enrolled full-time and pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university; coursework that has built to obtain a foundational understanding of networks, hardware and software, and information security.
This is a paid internship. Students can apply from anywhere and work remotely as this intern will report into TN based Engineer. We expect this student to dedicate a minimum of 15 hours a week; open to continued work beyond the summer internship if school schedule permits.
Expected Tasks & Projects:
- Support the execution of projects and assist the IT team with related tasks assigned including: migration of systems; setup of distribution lists in Sharepoint; manage and clean-up of data; asset management; deploy processes and auditing required for Security Certification.
- Plan and execute defined deliverables with assigned tasks
- Work with the operational team and service lines
- Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
- Rising junior, Senior, or Graduate Student preferred; emphasis on Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar field
- Ability to work in a results and performance driven environment where you will be challenged to deliver quality results within the agreed timeframe
- Highly motivated with the willingness to take ownership/responsibility for their work and ability to work in a team environment
- Passionate about the computer field
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including O365 and Sharepoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and empowered to collaborate with company executives
- Ability to effectively manage time, including multiple tasks, and projects
- Writing, editing, and grammar proficiency
- Comfort in working virtually
- Takes initiative
- Interview skills
- Alignment with the iDS core values: teamwork, innovation, integrity, respect, and excellence
- Strong attention to detail
iDiscovery Solutions is a boutique consulting firm whose Expert Services covers the gamut of complex investigative and advisory services, domestic and international discovery issues, digital forensics, structured and unstructured data analytics, cyber, information governance, and expert testimony.
Over the course of 12 years, we have established a well-known footprint with offices in Washington, DC, Costa Mesa, CA, Alpharetta, GA, and London, England. Additionally, we have employees who work from home in cities across the country. While COVID forced many companies to pivot, iDS’ hiring practices had embraced remote work and was already accustomed to engaging, managing and training team members from afar.
iDS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions, responsibilities or requirements.