The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Senior is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Senior will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements
• Develop implementation strategies
• Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement
• Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements
• Validate the design during the production process
• Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical report to management and project chiefs
• Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University.
• 1-3 years of engineering work experience preferred.
• Must be knowledgeable in Visual Basic, VB.net, Python (a plus but not necessary).
• Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink.
• Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems – specifically, computer based tools and process based development, emissions control systems development, and calibration refinement.
• Embedded software experience desirable. Electronic module/system experience desirable.
• Outstanding interpersonal and pro