This is a terrific opportunity to join a growing, fast-paced, team-oriented organization and make an immediate impact. Informetric Systems Inc. develops, sells, and supports mission-critical software applications that enable manufacturers to assess and improve the quality of their product. The life science industry is one area of focus with most of the major pharmaceutical and biotech companies among our customers.
The Solutions Engineer will work with customers pre-sale to define requirements and post-sale to ensure the successful deployment of Informetric software. The position involves close collaboration with sales, marketing, project engineering and product development teams.
Our ideal candidate will be a technical resource for the sales team and must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The candidate must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle. This individual must also possess the technical aptitude to configure the software to satisfy specific customer data acquisition, quality management and reporting requirements. The experience deploying the software in integrated manufacturing applications will enable the Solutions Engineer to develop into a successful technical account manager.
This position provides the opportunity to develop a unique combination of technical expertise and commercial skills within a thriving industry. Informetric provides a team atmosphere in a flexible work environment. We’re looking for an energetic, team player that can begin contributing to the growing demands of our business.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years relevant experience in a technical field
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science or technical field
- Must be able to present himself/herself in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as ability to understand, prepare, and communicate technical information to a wide range of audiences
- Willingness to travel at least 30% (including International)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- 1+ years relevant experience with software technology
- Experience with manufacturing industries
- Knowledge of web technologies and databases
- Work with customer management and project teams
- Manage and interpret customer requirements
- Identify current and future customer needs by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with users
- Visit customer sites
- Serve as a technical adviser to the sales team
- Prepare sales proposals by gathering project requirements and consulting with engineers to define accurate project services estimates
- Plan, organize and support sales calls and product demonstrations
- Develop and maintain technical presentations
- Assist with the deployment and configuration of Informetric software
- Integrate Informetric software with customer manufacturing and business systems
- Offer after-sales support services
- Conduct product training for users and partners
- Assist the sales team at industry trade show and conference events
- Collaborate with team members to produce product data sheets and marketing collateral
- Communicate customer feedback to product managers to contribute to the product vision and roadmap
- Contribute to the team effort by working toward common goals