Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.
The System Evaluation Division (SED) has an immediate opening for a research analyst at Schriever SFB, CO to support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) in analysis of the Command Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) and the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Architecture (BOA) elements of the Missile Defense System (MDS) in system level testing. The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is a non-profit corporation that operates three federally funded research and development centers to provide objective analyses of national security issues, particularly those requiring scientific and technical expertise. IDA research staff members conduct multi-disciplinary analyses in an environment encouraging rigorous, independent research on challenging and complex issues. IDA provides an inclusive work environment and a comprehensive, competitive salary and benefits package
The C2BMC and BOA analysis group within SED supports and advises MDA officials regarding the test and evaluation of those elements within the MDS. The Analyst will evaluate all aspects of C2BMC and BOA performance which includes creating and maintaining a consistent integrated air picture, providing situational awareness and managing sensors. The Analyst will support test planning, test observations, conduct independent in-depth analyses of test results, direct other analyst efforts and present combined analysis results to analysts and government leaders in the Missile Defense Agency. The Analyst will work independently and in small teams using strong scientific and technical skills, particularly in the area of quantitative analysis. The position involves close interaction with mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials responsible for the planning, development and execution of MDS tests. Travel is required.
- Candidates must have one of the following education/experience combinations:
- A Doctoral degree in Material Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Biology, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Computer Science or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus; OR
- A Master’s degree in Material Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Biology, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Computer Science or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus discipline coupled with 8+ years’ experience
- Ability to collect, organize, synthesize and analyze data; summarize findings, develop and report conclusions. Able to problem solve in a clear and concise manner, have strong communication skills and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with MATLAB and data parsing, filtering and manipulation.
- Must be an experienced briefer capable of expressing complex ideas and concepts to both senior leaders and other technical analysts.
- Current DOD Secret Security Clearance required.
- Successful completion of a background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.