IDA is an independent, non-profit, federally-funded research and development center that provides objective analyses to the Department of Defense and other federal government agencies.
Are you looking to advance your career in IT? We are looking for a self-starter who can leverage new technologies/languages to improve the end-user experience and drive productivity across the company. You will enjoy working with state of the art technology in a number of critical business areas, such as human resources, business intelligence, security, web portal design, business continuity, enterprise search, finance, etc.
The Information Technology department is seeking an individual that is technically savvy and customer service oriented to join our team for the entry-level System Administrator vacancy. This position administers, and maintains multiple IT systems, servers and software. The Systems Administrator I acts as a front-line interface and will be required to apply general knowledge and exercise discretion and independent judgment to solve a range of operational non-routine problems of limited scope and complexity. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. #ITatIDA
- Provides daily operational support and maintenance of enterprise systems including Exchange, CommVault, Citrix, and VMWare.
- Configure and deploy both physical and virtual Windows and Linux servers.
- Assist in the design of new enterprise systems.
- Manage and support virtual desktop systems technologies (e.g. App Layering or App Virtualization, User profile management, & GPU acceleration).
- Ensures all systems meet or exceed the business and security requirements in accordance with IDA, DOD, NSA, DISA, and DSS directives and guidelines.
- Follows standard operating procedures and processes.
- Administers and maintains classified and unclassified systems and services to ensure optimum performance and availability.
- Develops technical proficiency in IT technologies; keeps abreast of industry trends.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the SEO supervisors and/or EITO Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field with one year Information Technology experience OR high school diploma with three years Information Technology experience.
- Possess fundamental knowledge and principles in supporting servers, systems, and software, preferably Microsoft.
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred but not required: CommVault Data Protection, SCOM, Dell Server platforms, Linux Systems Administration (Strongly preferred), Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to collaborate with diverse technology teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD 8570 IAT II certification.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer