Integrity Risk International, LLC is not just a place to work. We are a team of highly collaborative individuals who are driven to make a positive impact. As leaders in the evolution, growth and delivery of risk management services, we help our clients identify risks with potential business opportunities, unmask internal and external threats and respond to security incidents and crises.
We currently have internship positions starting immediately for individuals who have professional fluency in Chinese and meet the education and experience requirements listed below. These internships require candidates to work this summer through approximately the end of the year. Candidates must be able to week 40 hours per week during the summer, as well as at least 24 hours per week during the fall.
A Day In the Life of the Research Intern
Our research interns use a wide array of research tools, along with their own research skills, to conduct thorough review of public records and open sources to accurately identify references on subjects of interest. A successful Research Intern applies analytical skills to determine relevance and importance of all findings, which are compiled in a professionally written, narrative-style report for our clients, who rely on our research and analysis to gain insight into subjects’ background, reputation and status so they can make accurate, key business decisions. Research Interns will work mostly under the guidance of a Research Analyst or Manager but, with proven skills and interest, may be able to handle work on a more independent basis.
- Conduct research into subjects by using a variety of Internet-based resources and tools.
- Correctly identify relevant information and conduct additional research, where / when necessary, so as to provide all findings in correct context.
- Comprehend details of research findings and correctly analyze / summarize their significance.
- Create well-written, narrative-style reports that “tell a story” and show understanding of who the subjects are and any issues / concerns.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Required Education & Experience
- Current undergrad (junior or higher), graduate student, or recent grad, preferably majoring in International Relations, Humanities, Political Science or another related field.
- Professional level of fluency/proficiency in Chinese is required.
- Interest and basic skills in Internet / online database research, preferably to include experience with resources such as LexisNexis.
- Possess an interest in and/or understanding of business-related matters, and staying on top of current and international events.
- Excellent English language writing and editing capabilities.
- Keen familiarity with online public records and open source information and availability.
- Creative, “out of the box” research capabilities.
- Developed comprehension, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and professional communication (oral and written) skills.
- Capability and desire to work in a fast-paced, multiple-deadline-driven environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer