InterDigital develops fundamental wireless technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, providing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P SmallCap 600 Index.
The 5G systems and simulations team at InterDigital is a team of highly motivated, fast-paced, and highly skilled researchers with strong backgrounds in wireless communications, signal processing, algorithm development. We are seeking an intern to help us with 5G algorithm development and system simulations. The intern shall perform the following duties and shall have the following qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help the mentor simulate state of the art physical layer wireless communication system algorithms for very high data rate applications.
- Conduct and extract performance from Link Level and System Level simulations of 5G NR.
- Documentation, and configuration management.
- Must be enrolled in PhD/Masters’ in Electrical Communication Engineering.
- Strong understanding of physical-layer signal processing, MIMO-OFDM waveform aspects, channel estimation, HARQ, link adaptation, beamforming, multiuser scheduling, and interference mitigation techniques, link budgets, error correction coding, channel effects, digital signal processing, detection and estimation theory, information theory.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Simulink, and Python, along with version control tools such as Git.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong team player.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with lab equipment: scopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, etc
Location: Manhattan, NY or Conshohocken, PA
InterDigital is an equal employment opportunity employer. InterDigital will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination with regard to any employment decision, policy or practice based on a person’s sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.