InterDigital develops fundamental wireless and multimedia technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience – years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index.
InterDigital is seeking an intern to be a part of a highly skilled team of engineers/researchers developing advanced blockchain technology (or distributed ledger technology) for emerging communication and computing systems. The ideal candidate will have experience or in-depth knowledge in blockchain technology, wireless networks, artificial intelligence architecture and algorithms, and/or distributed computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will work as a member of the blockchain technology team defining, developing and validating new concepts and approaches for advanced blockchain technologies for various scenarios such as wireless networks and decentralized artificial intelligence.
- Identify needs of advanced blockchain technology in selected domains and propose innovative architectural and protocol-based solutions.
- Evaluate and assess candidate solutions, validate solutions via prototyping and analysis.
- Communicate results to the senior management team and to the rest of the organization (reports, white papers, presentations).
- Ph. D. study in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with research focused on any area of distributed computing, networking, AI/ML, etc.
- Hands on experience with blockchain technology platforms (e.g., Hyperledger) and/or AI/ML platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, Pytorch) is a plus.
- Good communication skills and teamwork spirit.
- Available for six months.
Exceptional experience in these areas will be considered.
- Research experience on wireless communications and/or decentralized artificial intelligence and federated learning is a plus.
- Excellent ability for conducting cross-disciplinary research (e.g., AI/ML and blockchain).
- Proven publication record in prestigious conferences and journals.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Location: Conshohocken, PA
InterDigital is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, atypical heredity cellular or blood trait, marital status, family status, domestic partner or civil union status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.