InterDigital develops fundamental wireless technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index.
Are you a top-notch student who is a fast learner? Are you driven to use your skills to solve problems? Do you possess strong technical and analytical skills? If so, we would like to meet you! Be a part of a team of highly skilled engineers / researchers developing the next generation of consumer electronics technologies. The team’s focus is the investigation of Digital Television (DTV) User Interface/Experience. This includes identifying problems and related solutions and the design and development of these solutions. We are looking for versatile problem solvers with solid computer science fundamentals, software development/verification experience, and experience and/or interest in developing interactive computer graphics, preferably in the consumer electronics space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary tasks for this position include: supporting the design and implementation of DTV applications and services; performing related verification and integration activities
- Secondary tasks include: participation in ongoing analysis of future DTV use cases; identification of problems that will enable new DTV functionality; development of related solutions
- M.S. or Ph.D student in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong object-oriented programming experience (C# preferred)
- Experience with Scripting languages ( Python preferred)
- Experience with 3D creation and development platforms (e.g., Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience with visualization libraries (e.g. OpenGL, D3.js)
- Familiar with current software architecture and development methodologies, testing practices and tools (e.g. IDEs such as Visual Studio)
- Familiar with configuration management / version control concepts and tools (e.g. GIT)
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Publish Subscribe message brokering services
- Development of interactive computer graphics
- SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) and FFmpeg
- Media streaming, encoding, decoding
- Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning theory and platforms (Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.)
- PC literate (word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.)
- Good communication skills and teamwork spirit
- Available for six months
Location: Conshohocken, PA
InterDigital is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, atypical heredity cellular or blood trait, marital status, family status, domestic partner or civil union status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.