IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling, and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology, and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace, and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
We are presently seeking a Specifications Coordinator to collaborate in the delivery of projects for world class brands. The Specification Coordinator supports the specifications team in the production and coordination of technical project manuals. This individual will utilize their writing and software skills to work on a variety of complex design projects covering office and commercial interiors, retail, and other diverse building types. The ideal candidate will be a lifelong learner who enjoys collaboration and using their writing skills in a technical capacity.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Specifications, work with offices and teams to coordinate, and assemble technical project manuals.
- Work with the Director of Specifications to further develop training and specifications protocol resources.
- Assist in the presentation of specifications-related development seminars with staff firmwide.
- Act as a technical resource on specifications writing and business related software.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in writing or related background
- 1 to 3 years recent experience assisting in the production/writing of contractual and technical documents.
- Proven writing skills with an attention to accuracy.
- Technical competency to adapt and learn the latest computer software.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and delivery timeframes.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to build rapport and trust with all personnel demographics.
- Familiarity with BSD Speclink Cloud software preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to support a collaborative remote team environment, using MS Teams online meeting experience.
- Ability to be an effective collaborator and contributor to a geographically dispersed project team.
- Proficiency in MS Word and office related software.
For the majority of the time the Intermediate Designer will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran