Trade and Investment Internship Announcement (Paid)
International Technology and Trade Associates, Inc. (ITTA) is an international consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. We are offering a paid graduate internship in the field of international trade and investment policy.
ITTA provides a wide range of professional services to its clients, including objective research, informed analysis, and briefings on political risk. ITTA serves a variety of U.S.-based and international clients in the areas of aerospace, space, defense, government relations, energy and the environment, foreign policy, as well as international trade and investment in a range of industries.
The ITTA internship program provides graduate students with real-world experience in a professional consulting environment. Over the course of the internship, the graduate student will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge of domestic and international trade and investment policies and improve their business writing and research skills.
ITTA is seeking a candidate with the following qualifications and skills:
- Currently enrolled in (or recently graduated from) a Master’s degree program focused on international relations, political science, public policy, economics, or Asian studies.
- Demonstrated interest in a broad range of issues concerning U.S. trade and investment policy, trade regulations, sanctions, export controls, and foreign policy issues (with a focus on US-Asian security) is desirable.
- Demonstrated writing and research skills.
- Willingness to manage multiple requirements while paying close attention to detail.
The Trade and Investment Intern will perform the following tasks:
- Conduct in-depth, substantive research, analysis, and writing on international trade and investment issues in support of ITTA’s Manager of Trade and Investment.
- Write brief overviews of developments in industry and government policies.
- Conduct targeted research in response to client requests.
- Attend Congressional hearings, industry events, and other meetings in support of ITTA’s client work.
A minimum commitment of at 20-25 hours per week is required, with flexible scheduling during normal business hours. The intern will be paid $15.20 per hour. The internship will begin in September 2021 and is renewable on a semester basis for up to one calendar year. This internship will be on-site optional, meaning interns may either work remotely or on-site in ITTA’s Washington, D.C. office. This policy is subject to change on a semester basis.
To apply for this internship position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and brief writing sample via the Handshake portal. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.