Data Scientist Intern
InterNex Capital is seeking a Data Scientist Intern, you will work with business, technology, and executive teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals that have an interest in business lending, financial technology or commercial finance and love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing culture. We are looking for someone with dedication and an entrepreneurial spirit that is ready to join an innovative startup positioned for high growth.
The Data Scientist Intern is responsible for experimenting with and deploying various machine learning algorithms, maintaining and developing reports, and implementing scoring models. Key traits for the individual in this position are strong analytical skills, good communication skills, quick understanding of business concepts, team player, change agent, strategic and creative, and eager to uncover data insights that drive performance from all areas within the company.
InterNex Capital LLC (“InterNex”) is a digital lender providing small and mid-sized B2B companies with working capital solutions.Founded by Commercial Finance and Fin-Tech veterans, our vision is to transform invoice finance for small and mid-sized B2B companies. InterNex is powered by integrated data and technology to optimize underwriting, monitoring, and user experience.
The technology team oversees and manages the development and deployment of software and data analytics across the company. The technology group consists of technology professionals who are responsible for developing, testing, and monitoring the company’s software systems and databases.
Role & Responsibilities
Responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining InterNex’s data analytics platform.
- Construct models, analysis, and solutions in response to questions and problems
- Build robust predictive models, showing capabilities of feature and model selection
- Manage the data preparation process from collection through cleaning
- Write complex SQL queries to help answer important questions in our business
- Help build robust data pipelines and ETL tools
- Maintain existing SQL reports, alerts, and dashboards
- Graduated or graduating in the Spring or Summer of 2021
- Solid knowledge of probability, statistical, and machine learning methodology, as evidenced by an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- 0-2 years of on-the-job data science experience using Python and R
- Knowledge of common database systems, particularly Redshift/Postgres
- Sound understanding of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Self-starter with the ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed on the job
- Experience or ability to work in a fast-paced complex environment where priorities change frequently
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Good communication skills and comfortable communicating with non-technical team members
- Master’ s degree in data science or similar field
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as: k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Comfortable with command line tools and GitHub
- Ability to build predictive models on large, structured datasets
- Start-up experience within a company and/or as an entrepreneur
- Experience with lending or financial services a strong plus
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com