Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for administering maintenance program, both preventative and reactive, for a life sciences business with sites in Boston and Needham, MA. A minimum of 2-5 years of experience working with various vendors and sub-contractors in the management of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire life/safety, CCTV, Card access and custodial operations is desirable. The Maintenance Technician will have overall responsibility for coordinating all preventative maintenance and will assure that the facility is clean, safe and operating at peak performance levels at all times.
- Ensure safe and proper operation of all building plant and machinery
- Maintenance, update and execution of preventative maintenance schedule for Invicro’s Massachusetts sites
- Delivery of reactive maintenance and facilities-related tasks are required
- with management and laboratory personnel to maintain facilities and equipment
- Management of third party vendors for all facilities-related tasks
- Support Facilities Manager as required
- Management of facilities- and maintenance-related inventories
- Main point of contact with building management with respect to maintenance issues
Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus 2-5 years of Maintenance experience.
- Hands-on experience with electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems and general repair.
- Able to respond to safety and emergency situations after normal business hours.
- Experience with laboratory operations would be an advantage
Invicro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.