Your work with IssueVoter goes straight to strengthening our Democracy
and helping everyone make their voices heard.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INTERNS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Social Media | Media Relations | Marketing | Writing
Fundraising | Partnerships | Research | Education | Graphic Design
Complete this form to apply! Email email@example.com with any questions.
IssueVoter is a non-profit and non-partisan online platform. IssueVoter makes civic engagement accessible with alerts before Congress votes, gives individuals a voice by sending opinions directly to their Representative, and keeps Congress accountable by providing a personalized scorecard of your Rep’s votes.
In 2019 IssueVoter:
– Gave a voice to people in all 435 house districts by sending over two million alerts to individuals and opinions to Congress
– Analyzed and delivered content on over 100 bills, most of which you didn’t see in the news
IssueVoter looks for the following qualities in all interns, volunteers, and team members:
- Passion for advancing civic engagement through technology
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Research skills, including both the ability to find information and use it to create strategy and recommendations
- Writing skills, including an ability to summarize complex information concisely and in plain language
- Sense of urgency and results-oriented
- Takes initiative
- Good judgment
Note: It is not a requirement but if students do have computer science/software development skills, they can put these to use during the internship. IssueVoter has a 4-year history of working with students remotely, offering the opportunity to learn, build your skills, and take ownership of projects. Students of any year or major may apply.
With 250+ coronavirus-related bills in Congress, each of which is competing for attention from news headlines and social media, it is more important than ever to give all Americans access to succinct, powerful information so they can make their voices heard and help shape the new world we will be facing.