Itemize is currently seeking an iOS Engineer Intern who is eager to gain experience and willing to learn engineering best practices and contribute production level code during your internship. This position is fully remote, and available in Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022.
At Itemize, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- Play a critical role in the development, design, maintenance, and architecture of Itemize’s iOS app.
- Create elegant solutions in a rapid and agile development environment with frequent deliveries.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Itemize experience for the iOS platform.
- Leverage the latest technologies from Apple, and stay up-to-date with Swift’s evolution and best-practices.
- Be a catalyst for driving best-in-class technology frameworks and tooling while staying engaged with the latest technology trends.
- 1-2+ years building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad in a team environment.
- A strong understanding of Swift, mobile application development and application architecture.
- Comfortable using and creating applications that work with networking APIs.
- Experience with version control and managing dependencies in complex projects.
- Exposure to RESTful APIs and GraphQL.
- Experience with multithreading programming, writing unit tests, and testable code.
- Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, and a positive “can-do” attitude; acts without being told what to do.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Is cool with rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Follow-through: Follow-through on items without being managed.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high-stress situations; Works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Analytical skills: Likes learning and learns quickly.
- Communication: Ability to speak clearly and with intent.