Jacobs is seeking a Proposal Writer Intern to support writing and editing for compliant and compelling proposals responding to federal government requests for proposals (RFPs). Writing support areas include resumes, past performance, and narrative proposal sections. Must be able to work onsite periodically.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Learn and apply standards for compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals.
- Collaborate with proposal operations team to read and analyze federal government requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Edit documents to apply proposal-writing standards, including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Support drafting of proposal sections under direction from Sr Proposal Writers.
- Attend proposal meetings, including color team debriefs, status calls, and solutioning sessions.
- Must have completed at least two years of full-time academic study beyond high school.
- Interest in and analytic ability to read and understand Federal government documents.
- Strong foundation and enjoyment in accurate grammar and writing mechanics (i.e. capitalization, punctuation, and spelling).
- Inquisitive, questioning, and open mindset.
- Open to receiving guidance, feedback, and suggestions from senior writers and proposal team members.
- Learns quickly and applies learning to future writing activities.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Desired Requirements (nice to have but not required):
- Major in Political Science, History, Public Administration, Public Policy, or similar
Clearance Requirement: Ability to obtain a US government security clearance.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.