The Ultrasonic NDI Level II performs examination of aircraft components made from composite materials seeking internal and external structural defects, delaminations, inclusions, and porosity while utilizing ultrasonic or other type of non destructive test processes and equipment.
Level II Technicians perform calibrations, standardizations, testing, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations per written instructions and documents the results. Level II Technicians shall be qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Level II Technicians are responsibility for performing on-the-job training and guidance of Trainees and Level I Technicians.
The NDI Level II performs the following duties:
- Set up and standardize equipment, conduct tests, interpret, and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document results utilizing NDT methods A-scan, B-scan, and C-scan Methods.
- Develop written instruction for proper examination of parts or objects to undergo inspection from approved general procedures. Such instructions shall require final approval by a Level 3.
- Ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Organize and report test results.
- Perform specialized inspections.
- Provide necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel in the technique/method in which they are certified.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management.
- Interface daily with management about work priorities and progress of projects.
- Work closely with management to identify and remove obstacles.
- Actively participate in client safety initiatives, incident investigations, etc.
U.S. PERSON STATUS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIRED DUE TO ACCESS TO SENSITIVE DATA AND OUR COVERAGE UNDER EAR AND ITAR REGULATIONS.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
- Ultrasonic NDI Level II Certification per NAS 410 or meeting minimum requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections.
- 2+ years’ experience in aerospace, manufacturing, and quality preferred.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and other technical literature is preferred.
- Familiar with Windows operating systems (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and network systems.
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Adaptable to changing schedules.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction and procedures.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
Working conditions are normal for a production floor environment. Work may require weekend and, or off-shift work. May require travel within the US and internationally.
As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki Industries’ Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki Industries does not does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or any other legally protected status.