What we look for in a candidate
Successful Analysts will be able to multitask and manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Candidates must demonstrate professionalism and client management skills together with strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills. The work is fast paced, intense and intellectually stimulating. The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, be adaptable and work both independently and as part of a team are essential traits of a successful candidate. Although a background in accounting or finance is helpful, JFIN hires Analysts who have studied a variety of disciplines.
About Jefferies Finance
- Founded in 2004, Jefferies Finance LLC (“JFIN”) is a leading leveraged loan investor and arranger owned equally by MassMutual and Jefferies Group LLC (“Jefferies”). JFIN manages more than $10 billion of capital across three business lines:
- Loan Underwriting and Arrangement: Leading arranger of loans to PE Sponsors in the US and Europe.
- Apex Credit Partners: Manages 15 CLOs invested in broadly syndicated term loans.
- Direct Lending Investment Management: Senior debt fund manager invested in Private Equity Sponsor owned middle market businesses.
- JFIN originates investment opportunities through an exclusive partnership with Jefferies and its team of more than 900 investment bankers that are focused on transacting with Equity Sponsors across the capital markets
What can you expect
- Analysts are staffed on teams of 3 to 5 members and are primarily responsible for (i) conducting company and industry due diligence and credit analysis on new transaction opportunities, (ii) preparation of approval memoranda for internal credit approval process, and (iii) assistance with syndication and execution of transactions.
- Analyze, sensitize and adapt both internal and client-prepared financial models.
- Assist in setting financial covenants, negotiating business and legal issues, and structuring legal documentation including term sheets, commitment letters and credit agreements.
- Provide support to Jefferies’ syndication team in assisting investors with transaction evaluation, including actively discussing key investment considerations and answering diligence questions.
- Analysts are generalists and will have exposure to deal flow in industries including, but not limited to, aerospace & defense, business services, consumer & retail, energy, gaming & leisure, healthcare, industrials, maritime, media, technology and telecommunications.
- Assist Managing Directors and senior staff on ad hoc basis with various reports and analyses, such as internal marketing materials, loan policy & procedures, etc.