Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT’s McKinney Highways Team is seeking an Intern to be responsible for various tasks and projects to enhance their experience in the civil engineering field utilizing their education.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Enter data into systems
- Make edits and updates to existing engineering drawings and projects
- Coordinate new small-scale projects
- Assemble data and research
- Assist with administrative duties
- Provide input on solutions to problems using basic theories and engineering fundamentals
- Assist with layout and design of routine small and medium-sized engineering projects
- Develop and prepare specifications
- Evaluate equipment and material
- Maintain accurate and current project documentation
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Full time student in civil engineering
- Coursework in related field preferred
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Junior or above hours preferred
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Job-Focused Learning
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.