Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Position summary: Responsible for various tasks and projects to enhance their experience in the field utilizing their education.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Enter data into various systems
- Make edits and updates to existing engineering drawings and projects
- Coordinate new small-scale projects
- Assemble data and perform research
- Assist with administrative duties
- Provide input on solutions to problems using basic theories and engineering fundamentals
- Assist with layout and design of routine small and medium-sized engineering projects
- Develop and prepare specifications
- Evaluate equipment and material
- Maintain accurate and current project documentation
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Full time student in engineering
- Coursework in related field
- Previous internship experience
Work is generally performed within an office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment. Opportunities may be available to assist with bridge inspection and other light-duty field activities.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Job-Focused Learning
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.