Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
The Intern will be asked to work closely with engineering employees to carry out an array of assigned tasks. The tasks will range from field work, data collection, revising existing engineering design drawings to design of small engineering projects. Other duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with problem-solving requiring basic theories and engineering fundamentals; utilizing computer programs to solve engineering problems; assisting with layout and design of routine small and medium-sized engineering projects, specification development or preparation, technical evaluation of equipment and materials, and maintaining accurate and current project documentation.
Current sophomores and Juniors are highly encouraged to apply. Housing will not be provided for this position. Sponsorship is not available for this position. As a condition of employment, hire will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will need to be submitted as part of the interview/hiring process.
- Interest in Transportation Engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability to perform field work.
- Full time student at the sophomore, junior, or graduate level pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or closely related major
- Participant in team-based management style.
- Background in civil design including Microstation/AutoCAD.
- Proven track record of innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Coordination of Work
- Quality Service
- Job-Focused Learning
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.