Accountant at Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast in Milwaukee, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Job Type Details: A hybrid remote work schedule may be an option after training period.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Finance Director, the Accountant is responsible for payroll, revenue recognition, and accounts receivables, assuring they are prepared and processed in accordance with prescribed procedures, strong internal controls and using generally accepted accounting principles. The Accountant also will develop internal and external customer-focused relationships to support staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for all payroll functions, assuring payroll is properly calculated and prepared in accordance with all regulations and with appropriate internal controls. Prepares monthly reconciliations and enters payroll and benefit-related journal entries. Prepares related reports. Works closely with the Human Resources Director.
- Responsible for reconciling and reporting of revenue, including product programs (ex. cookie sales), donations, camp, etc. and overseeing related accounts receivables, pledges, and invoicing. Manages effective internal and external communications as needed to investigate discrepancies and to exercise judgment over non-routine issues.
- Provides support to Finance Director with special projects as may be requested.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting required and 3+years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience administering payroll. Experience administering payroll through ADP is a plus.
- Experience and proficiency in accounting systems. Experience with Abila software a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with the ability to manipulate and analyze large volumes of data using formulas, v-lookups, and pivot tables.
- Working knowledge in other Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Outlook and Teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (verbal, written, in person and/or over the telephone).
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and successfully resolve conflicts.
- A self-starter, who can work independently, takes initiative, use discretion, flexible, and thrives in an ever changing and fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work effectively with staff from diverse backgrounds and vendors.
- Willingness to subscribe to the philosophy of the Girl Scout program and enroll as a Girl Scout member which includes paying a nominal membership fee annually.
- Has daily access to dependable transportation, valid driver’s license, compliance with the council’s policy of automobile insurance limits, and a driving record that meets the requirements for coverage of the council’s business auto insurance carrier.
- Physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time, occasionally required to stand for long periods, and operate office equipment manually. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Eligibility for insurance benefits covered through United HealthCare being 30 days plus the first of the month after hire. Insurance benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability.
As an employee of GSWISE you can begin to invest for your retirement through the 403b Thrift Plan administered by Mutual of America on your first paycheck. After one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked you are eligible for the employer base contribution of 3% and additional matching contributions of another 3%.
GSWISE offers a generous paid time off plan (PTO). PTO accrual begins within the first 30-45 days of hire depending on start date.
The Accountant position earns PTO at a rate of 1.92 days per month with a total of 23 days per year. In addition, to PTO the following holidays are observed with pay: Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day (and the Friday after), and any business days from December 24 through January 1.
Equal Opportunity Employer