Audio Storyteller -Community Stories at Radio Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as third party
The Audio Storyteller is the primary voice of Community Stories, Radio Milwaukee’s marquee, mission-driven on-air audio segment and podcast. Primary duties include curating, writing, editing and producing audio packages and interviews, both for 88.9 FM and for RadioMilwaukee.org, in a variety of formats and lengths. This position owns the complete production of the Community Stories segment and works with other 88Nine staff to populate content for FM and web, reporting to the Director of Content.
The Audio Storyteller possesses a high level of cultural competence and is driven by sharing stories from underrepresented communities. This public-facing role forwards Radio Milwaukee’s mission on all platforms: on-air, online and on-site. An ideal candidate thinks deeply about story structure, approaches work with an enterprising spirit and thrives on the editing process, bringing well-researched and fact-checked copy to the first draft.
Within the first six months of hiring, the candidate will work with the content team to vision, shape and launch an expanded Community Stories podcast.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces weekly Community Stories for broadcast and online distribution from beginning to end, including ideation, gathering and editing
- Writes content for RadioMilwaukee.org to accompany audio stories, adhering to AP style
- Shoots and/or sources photos for web and social media content
- Actively pitches and researches content for own job function and for other members of editorial team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Multi-track audio production capabilities, focused on Pro Tools and Adobe Audition
- Ability to conduct prepared interviews on a wide variety of topics
- Conversational and relatable narration style
- The ability to paint audio pictures with words, music, and natural sound
- The ability to work quickly and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understands the culture and community of Radio Milwaukee’s target market
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience with audio storytelling, such as radio, podcasting or other broadcast media
- Experience with broadcast, blog, editorial and AP style writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field preferred