FoodShare Outreach Assistant at The FOOD Pantry Serving Waukesha County in Waukesha, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
The FoodShare Outreach Assistant is a full-time position that works to provide outreach to underserved and under-informed assistance groups. The FoodShare Outreach Assistant’s primary duty is to assist customers applying for and maintaining FoodShare benefits, and assist customers in connecting to other federal nutrition programs for which they may qualify. The FoodShare Outreach Assistant is responsible for helping potential FoodShare clients apply for benefits through ACCESS, assisting FoodShare beneficiaries maintain benefits through ACCESS, educating customers on how ACCESS works, and administer surveys to customers to learn about policy and operational issues within the FoodShare program. The position is full-time: Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility for occasional weekend and evening hours required.
Must have the ability to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. Have experience in a customer service or social work capacity with nonprofit experience or familiarity working for nonprofit organizations. Strong cultural competency and excellent interpersonal relationship skills are required. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must have highly developed organizational skills and able to manage multiple priorities. Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED; college preferred.
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of database software, internet software and spreadsheet software.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license, state minimum auto insurance .
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers and clients in a culturally diverse environment.
- Must successfully complete and pass all background checks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for occasional special events and meetings.
Wages and benefits:
- The position pays $16.00 per hour.
- 75% of a single insurance plan is covered after completion of a 90 day introductory period. Life insurance, vision and dental is also provided.
- PTO and holiday benefits are provided.