JOKR DC – Operations and Process Improvement Intern
Who We Are
- We are JOKR, a rocket ship startup on a mission to reinvent retail: to change traditional shopping habits for a more sustainable future. We aim to help minimize waste of all kinds (time, food, money, environmental). In a nutshell: We deliver high quality products (best-sellers & local brands) with great speed (15mins), without service fees/order min.
- We aim to support small businesses in every neighborhood we go to by providing them a platform to sell their goods with an excellent customer experience.
- We want to free people from the stress of planning when it comes to shopping. Our motto is “Less planning, more spontaneity”.
What We Need
- We are looking for a rockstar Operations Intern that will help us launch our service in D.C.! During this internship, you will be supporting the local operations from the very beginning. You will be involved in all aspects of the business, from setting the strategy for a successful market entry to overseeing the different functions of our operations. In this role, you will collaborate with other interns and team members to execute on our operations strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Support launching, scaling, and day-to-day operations in multiple hubs in D.C.
- Be a crucial hands-on team member in making sure the hubs are running well
- Identify possibilities of process improvements and create new processes
- Develop and implement action plans to improve performance within the city along key performance indicators (KPIs) such as Order Picking Time, Riding Time, Order Defect Rate, Product Availability, Cost Per Order, Customer Satisfaction and Retention
What You Have
- Passionate about operations / strategy / future of retail, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Start-up or other fast, high-growth environment experience preferred but not required
- Creative problem solver, who “runs through walls” to get things done
- Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions and drive process improvements
- A willingness to disrupt the way the current convenience/grocery market operates
Ready to reinvent the future?
We’re looking for data-driven, action-oriented, passionate people who are excited to collaborate on the next big thing. If you enjoy the hustle and have what it takes to move the needle quickly, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply today, we look forward to meeting you!