Video editing is the final frontier of software tools moving to the cloud. Our work of making next-gen tools for today’s creators is a challenging, but important endeavor. Join us at Kapwing on our mission to make content creation easy, accessible, and collaborative.
Everyone is a creator. The problem, however, is that today’s tools get in the way of expressing our creativity fully. Especially when it comes to video, the gap between an idea and a video is wide enough that it’s hard to even start.
Our mission at Kapwing is to make content creation easier and more accessible. Our main product, Kapwing Studio, is an online video editor that is both powerful and easy to use. Millions of creators every month choose Kapwing to tell their story and bring their ideas to life.
Our vision is to build a modern video editing platform that serves as the go-to tool for anyone creating video for Youtube, social media, or work. Being in the browser allows us to turn video editing, a traditionally heavyweight, time consuming workflow, into a joyful, collaborative, and fully-featured experience. We believe that we can use technology to augment the video editing and content creation experience, and we’ve already started on this path with a wide array of templates, applications of artificial intelligence, and new pipelines for exporting and video processing.
- Define, build, and launch full-stack features (React, Node, Express, and Python) for one of the world’s most popular cloud-based video editors.
- Implement new features and improvements to Kapwing’s Studio and other core products
- Scale a website and backend for millions of videos every month
- Fix bugs and improve performance
- Test new features, monitor releases, and mitigate risk
- Investigate and prototype new technologies and build applications on top of ML-powered APIs
- Create a culture of engineering excellence by refining our processes, documentation, onboarding and interviewing practices, and other cross-functional systems. Collaborate with, mentor, and teach other engineers on your area of expertise.
- At least two internships and 1 year of work experience with production-level software engineering experience
- Experience prototyping and building new products from scratch
- Experience with web development. Has built or contributed to a live website.
- Can evaluate, configure, and incorporate new web technology
- Can navigate errors and leverage monitoring systems like Sentry, Papertrail, Heroku, etc
- Scrappy: Define and quickly execute on MVPs to test out product hypotheses. Descopes problems to avoid getting lost in the weeds.
- Entrepreneurial: Excited about joining a small, high-growth team and contributing across all areas of the company
- No ego: There’s a lot we wish we could do but don’t have time for. Must have the ability to put the product’s needs first.
- [Preferred] Interest in or experience with video engineering (processing, uploads, FFMPEG, visual recognition, etc)
- [Preferred] Passion for serving creative professionals and interest in media
- Work authorization in the USA