We are looking for a talented, hard-working individual to join Kasirer as a Compliance Intern for the unique opportunity to intern at one of New York State’s most prestigious lobbying firms. As one of the State and City’s top lobbying and government affairs firms, you will have the opportunity to learn a broad range of skills in a fast-paced, exciting environment from a team of seasoned government affairs professionals.
- Update and maintain filings databases/spreadsheets
- Assist in filing State and City bimonthly reports due in September, November, January, March, May, and July.
- Monitor staff changes to New York City agencies, community boards, and elected offices,
- Track and organize firm’s reportable lobbying activity
- Track changes to lobbying compliance and political donations laws and regulations
- Draft contract renewals
- Join weekly team meetings
- Assist the Contracts & Compliance Department with other tasks as needed
The Compliance Intern will have a unique opportunity to learn political/lobbying laws first-hand alongside experienced professionals. You will gain practical experience reviewing and negotiating contracts with prominent businesses across industry sectors.
Applications will close on Monday, August 23, 2021 at 5 PM. The intended start date for is Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
Please submit your application using the following Google Form. Only candidates who make it to the next round will be contacted due to the high volume of applicants.
Link to Form – https://forms.gle/o2pAokk12KoPhidq9
If you have any questions, please e-mail InternApplicants@kasirer.nyc.
- Preference is given to current or incoming 1L Law School students, as well as to candidates who have strong interest in political compliance.
- Candidates must be available during critical bimonthly filing periods, including December-January and June-July.
- This is a paid position.
- Candidates must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and can work no more than 30 hours per week.
- Kasirer LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.