Are you interested in a hands-on real-world learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time construction career? In this internship, you will have the opportunity to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction management.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Building Group specializes in constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities and extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development. Kiewit also provides fast, accurate preconstruction project management services.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Work with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, civil, electrical and heavy industrial construction.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by supervisor; review proposals, specifications and drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
• Learn to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
• Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations.
• Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
• Planning and scheduling of job and/or job segments
• Investigating problems and/or reported incidents; identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate
• Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
• Working with suppliers as required facilitating the handling and expediting delivery of materials
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
Base Compensation: $15.00/hr – $23.00/hr
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)