Are you interested in a hands-on real-world learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time construction career? In this internship, you will have the opportunity to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction management.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Southeast District is one of Kiewit’s leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, transportation, and water resource markets. Projects you could be working on could include building bridges, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, pump stations or tunnels. We also specialize in grading, paving, excavation and structures. Although most of our work is regionally based in the southeast region of the United States, we also pursue various projects stretching across the east coast. We are are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design. Because our people receive continuous and extensive training, hands-on experience and challenging responsibilities from the day they join our team, they quickly develop the expertise that has earned our district its reputation as the premier contractor in the southeast United States.
The Southeast District office is based in Peach Tree City, GA (just outside of Atlanta). Other satellite office locations include Baltimore/Washington D.C, Tampa/Orlando, Miami, and Charleston, SC.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Field engineering, operation planning, cost control, project scheduling, quantity tracking, material procurement, contract administration, estimating & supervision of field activities
• Performing engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during construction
• Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
• Planning and scheduling of job and/or job segments
• Investigating problems and/or reported incidents; identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate
• Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
• Working with suppliers as required facilitating the handling and expediting delivery of materials
• Currently pursuing an Undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil engineering, Construction management or related degree
• Ability to work full-time during the summer (approximately May-August)
• Ability to travel and relocate as the business requires (25%-50%)
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail