To support the maintenance, reliability and operation of all plant electrical power systems, process control instruments and process control systems. To support design, specification, installation and commissioning of equipment for plant capital projects.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Participate in the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs) and bills of materials (BOMs) for electrical equipment.
- Support the maintenance and operation of plant electrical systems and troubleshooting of electrical and control system problems.
- Prepare engineering scope of work for plant electrical projects.
- Interface with contractors utilized in project work, including solicitation of quotes, selection and field direction.
- Prepare cost estimates and justifications for the capital plan.
- Conduct economic and operation feasibility studies on proposed electrical modifications and additions.
- Maintain a standard set of specifications for consistent application related to modifications or additions.
- Maintain, organize, prepare, review and revise drawings as required.
- Develop detailed preventative maintenance routines for all plant electrical equipment.
- Research/recommend new PM procedures based on newly developed technologies.
- Use SAP to purchase parts and services, review work orders, analyze reports and manage capital projects related to electrical project management and PM development.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Works closely with the equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Area Teams to ensure the successful operation of the plant.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Field of Study Preferred: Electrical Engineering
Required Work Experience: : Working knowledge of PLC programming and process control systems is preferred (ControlLogix, PLC-5 and SLC 500). Experience in instrumentation, motors, starters and VFD’s, communication networks (Modbus, Modbus Plus, Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, etc).
Required Computer and Software Skills: Computer skills, including Excel, Word, Project, etc.
Travel Requirements: 10% for training, development and potential projects
- Self-starter / initiates action / highly motivated team player
- Strong planning and organizational skills and able to communicate technical information to non-technical team members
- Ability to grow with the company into positions of increasing responsibility
- Flexible planning and scheduling skills to be able to execute necessary job in an environment of variable equipment availability
- Demonstrated technical / professional knowledge
- Solid decision-making skills
- Resourceful and innovative
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills