Join us for the 2022 Global Food Challenge Internship program! Up to six interns will have the opportunity to interact with key industry leaders while learning more about agriculture globally, nationally, and locally. Along with experiencing our growing industry, students will also work on a consulting project for Land O’Lakes. Working with fellow Global Food Challenge interns, you will partner with our internal business units to complete a business unit specific consulting project. Students from any majors with an expected graduation date of May or December 2024 from the 13 partner universities listed in the Eligibility Requirements are eligible to apply.
What you can expect from the Global Food Challenge Internship:
• Paid 11-week summer internship May – August 2022; Potential information sessions for students selected will happen in Spring 2022.
• All expenses paid to Land O’Lakes headquarters, Land O’Lakes member cooperative, international location, and local site-visits.
• Tackle real-world leadership challenges through a team consulting project. Work with cross-functional teams to evaluate and drive performance improvements.
• Exploration of real-world agribusiness issues through a series of experiential learning opportunities.
• Broad exposure to agribusiness, the Land O’Lakes organization, and leadership team.
• Invaluable career development and leadership opportunities.
• A great introduction to Land O’Lakes’ collaborative, fun, and engaging culture.
• Experience studying abroad.
• Opportunity to educate others on the agricultural industry.
• Exposure to variety of careers in agriculture.
• Serving as an ambassador for agriculture and the food industry.
1. Create a one-minute video and upload to YouTube. Video must be completed prior to completing the online application. Please keep video to 50-80 seconds. Video Requirements:
-Introduction to you: studies, background, and skills.
-Why you’re passionate about leadership development and working across teams to solve big challenges.
2. Complete the online application. Click on the Apply Now button on this page to access. Complete the online application, including copying and pasting the YouTube URL of your video into the “Websites” section on the application. Both the video and online application must be completed to be considered for the Global Food Challenge program.
Application will close on October 24, 2021 at 11:59pm.
-Expected graduation date of May or December 2024
-Current sophomore students from the following universities and colleges are eligible to apply:
Alabama A&M University, Iowa State University, Kansas State University, North Carolina A&T University, North Dakota State University, Northwestern University, Penn State University, Purdue University, South Dakota State University, The George Washington University, University of Florida, University of Minnesota, and University of Wisconsin-Madison. We also invite any sophomore MANRRS student to apply.
-GPA of 3.0 or higher
-Demonstrated involvement and leadership in campus organizations, clubs or student government included in resume
-Available for 11-week Summer Experience May – August 2022.
-Able to effectively communicate to groups of various sizes, ages, and opinions.
-Strong drive to work hard and be open to new learning opportunities.
-Strong desire to work in a fast-paced industry and make a difference.
-Able to obtain a passport for travel to and within international destinations (location TBD).
-Physically capable of international travel to, and short-term residence within, emerging and/or underdeveloped countries, possibly without access to modern amenities of daily life and exposure to extreme weather conditions; must also have the ability to participate in service work.
-Eligible to work in the United States.
Please contact FoodChallenge@landolakes.com with any questions.