Libyan American Alliance | libyanamericanalliance.org/
Full Stack Developer Internship Program Overview
Organization Overview: Founded in 2019, the Libyan American Alliance is a non-partisan group dedicated to advocating for the rule of law, democracy, civil state and to end the conflict in Libya.
Our Vision: We strive to be a leading Libyan American advocate of democracy and rule of law in Libya through a robust partnership with the United States of America.
Our Mission: The Libyan American Alliance is dedicated to influencing policy toward Libya by bridging governments, citizens and civil society organizations in order to develop robust and sustainable solutions to the time-sensitive issues confronting Libya.
We utilize the rich American heritage of civil society and the vast experience of institutions of good governance and rule of law to support the transition of the nascent democracy in Libya towards stability and permanence.
How are you:
You have the ability to develop a strong non-profit website
The website should have (at a minimum):
- The LAA mission statement, telling visitors what you’re all about.
- Plenty of details on LAA goal and objectives and goals and why that matters for LAA.
- An LAA Blog and news section, to keep people apprised of the most recent updates and successes.
- Contact information, so interested parties can get in touch.
- Headshots and bios for your organization’s key members, staff, or partners.
- Compelling imagery, incorporated throughout your site.
- A way to accept donations, if you solicit donations from the public.
- A Call To Action (CTA) prompting visitors to sign up for an email list, volunteer, donate, or do whatever matters most to your organization.
- Experience with web development (CSS, HTML, JS)
- Experience with UX/UI design
- Experience with Social Media optimization
- Experience with version control (Github or other)
- Experience translating business goals and design challenges into engineering workflows
- Familiar with deploying cloud apps using Heroku/AWS/etc
- Experience using Elasticsearch or another search backend (Solr, etc)
Internship Commitment: 15-20 hours per week; 3 months. The position is part-time and remote, which involves some collaboration with a small and motivated team.
Weekly Schedule: Interns will be responsible for a set amount of hours each week (15-20 hours per week) to fulfill tasks. You may work remotely online.
Internship Program at LAA: Upon completing a successful internship, Dr. Esam Omeish will serve as a professional reference and advocate for interns. Internship durations may be set by university partners providing academic credit (you are encouraged to explore these options within your institution; however, academic credit is not required to intern with LAA)If obtaining academic credit, the hour restrictions, payment restrictions, and other work-related matters are guided by university provisions.
Stipend: At the conclusion of a successful Three month work period (roughly the length of a long semester), a $600 stipend will be issued to the student.